Should you get vaccinated if you are using drugs?
There is so much information out there that it can be hard to sift through the noise and pull out the real facts. Here's some quick, straight up info about vaccines and drugs:
- People who use drugs have a higher risk of catching Covid-19 and are more likely to suffer worse outcomes if infected.
- Some drugs can affect your body's ability to fight the virus, especially if you use often.
- The Covid-19 vaccine is the best defence against catching the virus and getting seriously sick.
- If you're using drugs regularly, it's still safe to get the vaccine.
- Vaccine centre staff are friendly and there to help if you have any questions or concerns.
- Vaccines are for everyone. We all deserve one. You don't need ID, you just need to show up.
Covid-19 vaccinations are widely available, with lots of same day walk-in and drive-through options.
You can book online.