At this time of year, you may be spending more time with friends and whānau. If someone in your home drinks or uses other drugs, talk with them and try to agree on expectations and boundaries.
Keep these in mind when planning:
- Who else is in the household?
- What are the expectations or rules in your household?
- What positive activities can you do in your household that do not involve alcohol or other drugs?
- How might you reduce the impact of the drinking or drug use at home?
- How do people in your household relax, unwind, or celebrate achievements without using alcohol or other drugs?
- Who can people in the household speak to for support?