If you are using alcohol or other drugs often, you might not notice some ways they have begun to affect you.
There are lots of things you can do to make sure that your use has less of an impact on your health or your daily life. A good way to start is to think about your use and how you feel about it. Recently, have you…
- Been drinking or using alone?
- Struggled to work or contribute at home because of your drinking or substance use?
- Had someone tell you they are worried about you?
- Forgotten what happened while drinking or using other drugs?
- Used alcohol or other drugs to relax, cope, feel better, or fit in?
- Done something while drunk or under the influence of other drugs that could have gotten you into trouble with the law?
If you would like to talk with someone about your use, you can call the Alcohol Drug Helpline on 0800 787 797.
Or, if you want to start making changes, check out the Act section of our site.